In this bundle, we refresh our understanding of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis as two prevalent conditions. This bundle is designed to develop your knowledge and confidence when delivering sessions for people living with this condition.
The training aims to:
- Explore the aetiology and pathophysiology of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Understand the recent prevalence statistics in the UK
- Highlight evidence supporting physical activity and exercise in the management of these conditions
- Identify the benefits of physical activity and exercise
- Identify an exercise prescription framework to ensure instructors work safely alongside their clients.
What will I get access to?
- 3 Training Videos
- Recommended Reading
Who is this training for?
This training is suitable for fitness professionals who work within exercise referral schemes or personal trainers with clients living with this condition.
Instructors are recommended to hold a L3 Exercise Referral qualification. If you are not an Exercise Referral Instructor but would like to use this training for knowledge development, you must ensure you remain in line with professional industry standards and insurance policies and do not practice information outside of your qualification boundaries. It is advisable to complete the appropriate pre-requisite.
What is involved in this training?
You are required to watch each of the video presentations and take notes as required. There is some recommended reading suggested as part of the CPD training. You will then answer a short multiple choice knowledge check to evaluate the learning process and check understanding.
Length of the Training
This training will take approximately 2 hours to complete.
There are no formal assessments for this training. However, you will be asked to complete a short multiple choice knowledge check to evaluate the learning process.