This training aims to develop, or update, your knowledge and understanding of the common types of cardiovascular disease, enabling you to work effectively alongside individuals who have been diagnosed with high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
The training aims to:
- Explore the aetiology and pathophysiology of high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Understand the recent prevalence statistics of heart disease in the UK
- Identify the links to, and development of, cardiac conditions
- Identify the benefits of physical activity and exercise in risk reduction and management of these conditions
- Identify an exercise prescription framework to work safely and effectively
- Recognise and apply health and safety considerations
What will I get access to?
- 3 training videos
- Healthy Heart Challenge
- Keep Your Heart Healthy Social Media Graphic
- Keep Your Heart Healthy Poster
- Keep Your Heart Healthy Infographic
- Data Table (understand readings and measurements at a glance)
- Relaxation Exercises Handout
- My Weekly Exercise Planner
- Blood Pressure Tracker for Client
- Blood Pressure Tracker for Instructor
- Recommended reading
- Knowledge check quiz
Who is this training for?
This training is suitable for fitness professionals who work within exercise referral schemes or personal trainers with clients living with hypertension or high cholesterol.
Instructors are recommended to hold a L3 Exercise Referral qualification. If you are not an Exercise Referral Instructor but would like to use this training for knowledge development, you must ensure you remain in line with professional industry standards and insurance policies and do not practice information outside of your qualification boundaries. It is advisable to complete the appropriate pre-requisite.
What is involved in this training?
You are required to watch each of the video presentations and take notes as required. There is some recommended reading suggested as part of the CPD training. You will then answer a short multiple choice knowledge check to evaluate the learning process and check understanding.
Length of the Training
This training will take approximately 2 hours to complete.
There are no formal assessments for this training. However, you will be asked to complete a short multiple choice knowledge check to evaluate the learning process.