In this bundle, we are exploring the aetiology of MS and how to design safe and effective exercise sessions for clients with this condition.
The training aims to:
- Explore the aetiology and pathophysiology of Multiple Sclerosis
- Understand the recent prevalence statistics in the UK
- Identify the benefits of physical activity and exercise in the management of the condition
- Highlight evidence supporting exercise and physical activity for people living with MS
- Identify an exercise prescription framework and adaptations for exercise environments to ensure instructors and coaches work safely alongside their participants
What will I get access to?
- 2 Training Videos
- MS Daily Stretching Support Sheet for clients
- Recommended Reading and Resources
Who is this training for?
This training is suitable for fitness professionals who work within exercise referral schemes or personal trainers with clients living with this condition.
Instructors are recommended to hold a L3 Exercise Referral qualification. If you are not an Exercise Referral Instructor but would like to use this training for knowledge development, you must ensure you remain in line with professional industry standards and insurance policies and do not practice information outside of your qualification boundaries. It is advisable to complete the appropriate pre-requisite.
What is involved in this training?
You are required to watch each of the video presentations and take notes as required. There is some recommended reading suggested as part of the CPD training. You will then answer a short multiple choice knowledge check to evaluate the learning process and check understanding.
Length of the Training
This training will take approximately 1-2 hours to complete.
There are no formal assessments for this training. However, you will be asked to complete a short multiple choice knowledge check to evaluate the learning process.