This is the privacy notice of Pure Training and Development and PTD Hub. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Pure Training and Development (including PTD Hub).
We are company number [company registration number] registered in the United Kingdom.
Our registered office is at 1 Charles James Court, Fishergate, Norwich.
This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It covers both information that could identify you and information that could not.
We are extremely concerned to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our web site are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
Our policy is both specific and strict. It is based on a template from Net Lawman (www.netlawman.co.uk) that complies with UK law [and with the laws of all jurisdictions of which we are aware] and meets the additional guidelines set out by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our web site immediately.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site.
Here is a list of the information we collect from you, either through our web site or because you give it to us in some other way, and why it is necessary to collect it:
1. Business and personal information
This includes basic identification and contact information, such as your name and contact details and also includes all information given to us in the course of your business and ours, such as information you give us in your capacity as our learner. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you to reciprocate this policy.
This information is used:
- to provide you with the services which you request i.e. enrolment on to courses/trainings or in to the PTD Hub
- for verifying your identity for security purposes;
- for marketing our services and products;
- information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
We keep information, which forms part of our business record for a minimum of six years. That is because we may need it in some way to support a claim or defence in court. That is also the period within which our tax collecting authorities may demand to know it.
2. Market place information
When we obtain information from you specifically to enable you to buy a service offered on our web site by some other person, we assume that in giving us your information, you are also giving us permission to pass it to the relevant person.
3. Your domain name and e-mail address
This information is recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. We shall not under any circumstances, divulge your e-mail address to any person who is not an employee or contractor of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically. This information is used:
- to correspond with you or deal with you as you expect;
- in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site;
- to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
- to tell you about other of our services or services of sister web sites.
4. Information you post on our website
Information you send to us by posting to a forum or blog or in your advertisement, is stored on our servers. We do not specifically use that information except to allow it to be read, but you will see in our terms and conditions that we reserve a right to use it in any way we decide.
5. Website usage information
6. Financial information relating to your credit cards
This information is never taken by us either through our website or otherwise. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of WorldPay / SagePay / PayPal / Stripe or some other reputable payment service provider. That page may be dressed in our “livery”, but it is not controlled by us. Our staff and contractors never have access to it.
7. Note on padlock symbols and other trust marks
Many companies offer certification and an icon or other small graphic to prove to site visitors that the site is safe. We offer the padlock symbol on our websites which means the pages use the SSL protocol which ensures data transferred is encrypted and authenticates the server and the integrity of the message. This symbol indicates that all information, including banking details, is secured. We do not handle information about your credit card so do not subscribe to any such service.
8. Credit reference
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
9. Third party advertising
10. Third party content
Our web site is a publishing medium in that anyone may register and then publish information about himself or some other person. We do not moderate or control what is posted. If you complain about any of the content on our web site, we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel, it may be justified, we shall remove it while we investigate. Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content which offends you. If we think, your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
11. Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we do receive data which is indirectly made up from your personal information, from software services such as Google Analytics and others. No such information is identifiable to you.
12. Content you provide to us with a view to be used by third party
If you provide information to us with a view to it being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information. If it is available to all the World, neither we nor you have no control whatever as to how it is used.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit any web site. They are widely used to make web sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
- to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
- to operate our content management system.
- to operate the online notification form – the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser.
- to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- to record that a user has viewed a webcast. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
- to record your activity during a web cast. An example is as to whether you have asked a question or provided an opinion by ticking a box. This information is retained so that we can serve your information to you when you return to the site. This cookie will record an anonymous ID for each user, but it will not use the information for any other purpose. This cookie will last for three months, when it will be deleted automatically.
- to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for approx. 90
- to enable you to watch videos we have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
For more information on cookies and how to disable cookies on your computer then go to https://www.cookielaw.org/the-cookie-law/
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
We may use re-marketing from time to time. This involves Google or some other supplier placing a tag or marker on your website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products / services when you visit some other website.
16. Use of site by children
We do not market to children, nor do we sell products or services for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use our site only with consent from a parent or guardian.
17. Disclosure to Government and their agencies
We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
18. Compliance with the law
This confidentiality policy has been compiled so as to comply with the law of every jurisdiction in which we aim to do business. If you think it fails to satisfy the law of your country, we should like to hear from you, but ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
19. Review or update personally identifiable information
At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us at the address below. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
20. Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our web site, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
21. Data may be “processed” outside the UK
Our web sites are hosted in the United Kingdom. We may outsource services in countries outside the EU from time to time in other aspects of our business. Accordingly data obtained within the UK may be “processed” outside the UK and data obtained in any other country may be processed within or outside that country.
22. Access to Information
In line with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information relating to you that we hold.